Body lotion bars are a great and convenient way to apply your lotion each and every day. There aren’t bottles or jars to worry about opening but just a bar of your lotion to slather on your body. I found this recipe last year when I was trying to figure out what to make for a Mother’s Day gift and it has been a huge hit.
I always like to find ways to share my love for essential oils with my family so a great DIY recipe is a great way to do that. I haven’t experimented much with different essential oils in this recipe since my mom (who watches my nephew)always gets some of the lotion bars I make . I like to make it kid-safe so I use lavender essential oil. If you wanted to you could totally use whatever essential oil single or blend is your favorite.
I also like to know exactly what is in my lotion. I have become so much more conscious of the ingredients in everything I put on my body and I am always on the EWG website checking out all my products. This recipe is so simple and all of the ingredients are great for your skin.
Over the last few months I have updated and rearranged this recipe to try to find the best ratio of ingredients and I think I have found a great mix.
Body Lotion Bar Ingredients:
- 1 Cup – Coconut Oil, Olive Oil or Sweet Almond Oil
- 1 Cup – Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter (I personally prefer shea butter since I am not a fan of the smell of cocoa butter)
- 1 cup of beeswax
- 20-30 drops of your favorite essential oil
- Fun soap mold, ice cube tray or muffin tray
Body Lotion Bars Directions:
- In a microwave safe dish (I like to use a glass Pyrex measuring cup) put your oil and beeswax and microwave until the beeswax melts completely. This will probably take a few minutes as beeswax has a high melting point.
- Now, stir in your shea or cocoa butter. You should be able to stir this to melt. If you need to you can put it back in the microwave to help melt the shea butter but typically I don’t need to.
- Next, add in your essential oil and mix well.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the mold and place in the fridge overnight to set.
- Enjoy every time you hop out of the shower for silky smooth skin.