Do you want your hair to grow faster, fuller & be more healthy? If the answer is yes, (who’s would say no to that) then I have the perfect solution for you. This Mermaid Hair Recipe has helped my hair to grow faster and keeps it super healthy. This recipe is so simple to make and can be quickly remade whenever you need it.
I use this every morning (at least every morning that I wash my hair). I spray it on my wet hair right before I blow dry.
Mermaid Hair Ingredients/Supplies:
- 4oz Spray Bottle (I personally like using either an aluminum or glass spray bottle).3
- 10 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- Witch Hazel
Why these essential oils?
- Cedarwood Essential Oil: Has been show to stimulate the hair follicles and increase circulation to the scalp. This helps with hair growth and slows down hair loss. Cedarwood essential oil can also help to reduce dry or flaky scalp.
- Lavender Essential Oil: Used to promote healing and stimulate hair growth.
- Rosemary Essential Oil: Like cedarwood essential oil, rosemary essential oil can help stimulate hair growth and some even claim that it can slow graying (now wouldn’t that be a nice added benefit).
Mermaid Hair Instructions:
- Take the spray bottle and drop your cedarwood, lavender, and rosemary essential oils into it.
- Add witch hazel up to the top of the bottle and secure the top
- Shake the bottle to incorporate all of the oils into the witch hazel.
- Use daily to promote hair growth.
I have been loving creating my own recipes for things that I use everyday. I use this Face Wash twice a day and use it with my DIY Face Serum (https://wp.me/p9md9G-S). It makes my skin feel so clean and soft.
I love discovering new ways to use essential oils and they can be so beneficial to your overall well being. In this recipe you can use basically any essential oil single or blend that you want. I love tea tree (for those pesky breakouts), lavender (to soothe my skin), and grapefruit (to help my skin glow).
This recipe also contains castile soap. I love using castile soap in quite a few of my body products so it is definitely my go to product.
DIY Face Wash Ingredients:
- Foaming Soap Dispenser
- 4 tablespoons of castile soap (I prefer the unscented version)
- 10 oz water
- 2 tablespoons almond oil or your favorite carrier oil
- 20 – 30 drops of essential oil
DIY Face Wash Directions:
- In your foaming soap dispenser add your castile soap
- Next, add the carrier oil
- Then, add the essential oils
- Finally, add the water and shake up the soap.
You will need to lightly shake up the bottle before each use to ensure that the essential oils are evenly distributed. Use 1 or 2 pumps each day on your face.
Let me know in the comments below what you think about this recipe and how it worked for you.
This recipe for DIY House Cleaner is the perfect recipe to replace all of your home cleaning products. If you were to look at all of the different house cleaning products in your home how many would you find? 5? 10?? 15???. I know that before I found this recipe I had several cleaners for the bathroom, a few for the kitchen and others for miscellaneous purposes for other areas in the house. Plus, you probably have ones for outside as well. This recipe can replace all of your cleaners with just one bottle.
Also, I know exactly what is in the cleaner so I can be sure what choices I am making for myself and my family. This recipe is so simple and basically costs nothing to make again and again.
This recipe does include Dawn Dish Soap and I know that many have opinions on whether or not to use Dawn Soap and if it could be harmful. This recipe doesn’t use very much and you could not use it at all or just use castile soap or something similar if you wish.
Standard DIY Whole House Cleaner:
- 1 Large Plastic or Glass Spray Bottle
- 1 Cup Vinegar
- 10 Drops Germ Fighter (or Germ Destroyer for KidSafe)
- 2 Squirts of Dawn Dish Soap
- Measure out your 1 cup of vinegar and pour it into your bottle
- Next, add your Germ Fighter Essential OIl Synergy to the bottle
- Next add your 2 squirts of Dawn Dish Soap to the Bottle
- Top off the bottle with water and screw the lid on tightly.
- Shake your bottle to mix all of your ingredients
Smaller DIY Whole House Cleaner without Dawn Dish Soap:
- 1 4oz glass spray bottle (Check these at Amazon: )
- ¼ Cup Vinegar
- 5 Drops Germ Fighter (or Germ Destroyer)
- Add the vinegar and the Germ Fighter to your spray bottle
- Top the bottle with water and shake to mix it all up.
That’s it. Super simple and very cheap to refill.
Hand Sanitizers are used as some point by just about everyone and you can find hand sanitizer stations just about anywhere you go. So, since it’s the germy time of year I went on the hunt for something extra to keep the germs away. I use essential oils for support against germs in my diffuser and topically on my feet at night but I wanted something that I can use when I am on the go.
Now, obviously it is your best bet to always try to wash your hands but sometimes that isn’t always possible. Have you ever touched something gross on a shopping cart and look for something to clean your hands? This recipe for hand sanitizer is the perfect go-to for these types of situations and can be kept in your purse or anywhere you would like it.
Another reason why I wanted to create my own hand sanitizer is that some of the hand sanitizer you find on the market may not have the best ingredients in them. This recipe does not contain any alcohol.
The Germ Fighter Essential Oil Blend is from my favorite oil company Plant Therapy. This blend is not kid safe so if little ones will be using the hand sanitizer or you will be around little ones regularly i would suggest using Germ Destroyer from Plant Therapy instead.
Germ Fighter Blend Ingredients:
Here is my recipe for a DIY Hand Sanitizer.
Hand Sanitizer Ingredients:
2 oz Flip Top Container
4 tablespoons or 2 oz of Aloe Jelly (My favorite is of course from Plant Therapy)
8 Drops of Germ Fighter (Plant Therapy) or Germ Destroyer (Plant Therapy Kid-Safe Blend).
1 teaspoon of Vitamin E
- Pour the 2 oz or 4 tablespoons of Aloe Jelly into your flip top container
- Add your 8 drops of Germ Fighter or Germ Destroyer
- Add in the teaspoon of Vitamin E
- Shake the mixture well to incorporate the essential oils well.
- Use a dime size as needed.