Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year and I am loving decorating and making my DIY gift for everyone on my Christmas list. I especially love it when I can make something that will make my house smell wonderful. This recipe for Cinnamon Sugar Almonds will make not only your house smell amazing but will please everyone on your Christmas list. I am pretty sure I will end up having to make multiple batches of these delicious almonds as it is doubtful my husband and I wont be able to stop ourselves from eating some of these.
For this recipe you don’t have to use almonds, so if you love pecans, cashews or peanuts feel free to substitute.
Cinnamon Sugar Almonds Ingredients:
- 2 – 14 oz bags of Whole Raw Almonds
- 1 ½ cups Cane Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Cinnamon
- 1 Egg White
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Slow Cooker
- In your slow cooker, spray the stoneware with cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon and set this bowl aside
- In a larger mixing bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla extract.
- Pour the almonds into the larger mixing bowl and stir well to coat
- Add the cinnamon mixture to the top of the nuts and toss with spoons to fully coat
- Put the almonds in the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 2 hours, stirring every 20 – 30 mins.
- After the nuts are done cooking, let them cool fully on a length of foil or parchment paper. When fully cool, store in air-tight container.
I wanted to find a fun way to package these up so I can share them with my co-workers and my entire family. I found these cute Ziploc bags with poinsettias on them from the dollar store. I also want to find a cute recipe card that I can attach to the bags so I can share the recipe. I will be punching a hole in the bag above the Ziploc and attaching the recipe card to each one.