It’s that time of year when men are growing out their beards to keep their faces warm while hunting and for the long winter months ahead. I know there are a ton of beard oils on the market right now but I wanted to make something myself with the essential oils and carrier oils that I have in stock. Beards can be poking and itchy so I wanted to create something that would help during the growing process. I personally love a nice smooth and full beard so I wanted something that helps to keep my husbands beard nice and soft and also smells wonderful. I also didn’t want something that smelled too strong so I think the combination i came up with is nice mix. The first time my husband used it I didn’t even notice it when he left for work, so the smell isn’t overwhelming.
Beard Oil Ingredients:
- 2 drops of Lavender Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Frankincense Essential Oil (I prefer Frankincense Carteri)
- 2 drops of Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 3 drops of Orange Essential Oil
- Sweet Almond Carrier Oil ( or any other carrier oil of your choice)
- 2 ounce dropper bottle
Why These Oils?
- Lavender – This oil is known for being relaxing and promotes healthy hair growth
- Frankincense Carteri – This oil helps to provide moisture and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cedarwood – This oil is known for its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Orange – This oil is known for its uplifting and calming scent
Beard Oil Instructions:
- Mix the Lavender, Frankincense, Cedarwood & Orange Oil in the dropper bottle.
- Fill up the rest of the bottle with your carrier oil.
- Use 2 to 3 drops each day after showering for a smoother beard.