I have been using some type of oil blend on my face for a couple years now. Most recently I was using the Beauty Sleep Serum from an awesome Natural Beauty Company called Root Pretty. I decided that I would try to make my own recipe and see how different essential oils work with my face. I came up with a mixture with jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, Geranium Essential Oil and Frankincense Carteri essential oil.
Why these oils?
• Jojoba Oil is a noncomedogenic oil which means that it shouldn’t clog your pores and can work as a protectant and cleanser for your face instead of just sitting on top of it. Jojoba helps to moisturize and even helps to fight harmful bacteria growth that leads to breakouts. It can also soothe fine lines, wrinkles and might even slow down skin aging.
• Grapeseed oil is easily absorbed, gentle on the skin, and could even help reduce clogged pores. This oil is lighter than jojoba oil and has a large amount of Vitamin E. Grapeseed oil can reduce the appearance of age spots, wrinkles and stretch marks.
• Patchouli Essential Oil can sooth inflammation of the skin and promotes a smooth, glowing complexion. It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks.
• Bergamot Essential Oil can help to reduce the appearance of marks or scars on the skin and is commonly used to reduce the unsightly effects of acne. When using bergamot oil topically be sure to look for a bergapten free Bergamot. Bergapten is what makes citrus oils phototoxic, so I would recommend avoiding bergamot in this blend unless the oil is bergapten free.
• Geranium Essential Oil can treat acne, dermatitis, and skin diseases. It can also help with wrinkles and scars and also smells amazing.
• Frankincense Carteri can be used to rejuvenate the look of mature skin and scars. It can also provide moisture to dry skin and reduce inflammation.
DIY Facial Serum Ingredients:
Jojoba Oil ¼ ounce
Grapeseed Oil ¼ Ounce
Patchouli Essential Oil: 2 drops
Bergamot Essential Oil: 2 drops
Geranium Essential Oil: 4 drops
Frankincense Carteri: 4 drops
½ Ounce Glass Dropper Bottle
Place the Patchouli, Bergamot, Geranium, Frankincense Cartieri, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil into your glass bottle. Use on face in the morning and evening after cleansing your face.
I have been using this mixture for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. My face feels so smooth I don’t have many red patches on my face. I also love putting this on right before I put my make-up on in the morning, it really helps to keep my make-up on all day and keeps my face nice and smooth.