Since diving into essential oils I have been trying to find the best synergy of essential oils for my face toner. I love using witch hazel but thought that some different essential oils might be a beneficial addition. I wanted to create a balance between keeping the bacteria out of my pores but also not drying out my face. I think I found a pretty good combination.
Supplies You’ll Need:
- Small Mason Jar that cotton rounds fit into. I prefer to use Jelly Jars
- 16oz Mason Jar to mix the ingredients
- 4oz Witch Hazel – ( I prefer the Rose Petal Witch Hazel from Thayers)
- Cotton Rounds
- 1/2 Tsp Vitamin E
- 3 Drops – Tea Tree Essential Oil
- 3 Drops – Elemi Essential Oil
- 3 Drops – Geranium Essential Oil
Why These Ingredients & Essential Oils?
- Witch Hazel – Witch Hazel is a natural astringent that can help minimize pores, reduce inflammation, decrease oil and leaves skin feeling clean.
- Vitamin E – Can help reduce wrinkles and brown spots
- Elemi Essential Oil – This oil is often called the poor man’s Frankincense. This oil helps to pull out much more bacteria and make-up even after washing my face.
- Geranium Essential Oil – Promotes healthy clear, glowing skin
- Tea Tree Essential Oil – This oil has fantastic anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties
- First, in the 16oz mason jar mix your 4oz of Witch Hazel, Vitamin E, and drops of essential oil.
- Next, place the lid on the mason jar and shake it up. Make sure to shake this up really good so the oils are dispersed evenly in the mixture.
- Then, place your cotton rounds into the smaller mason jar.
- Now, pour some of your witch hazel mixture over the top of the cotton rounds.
- Then, use your fingers to push down the cotton pads to help evenly distribute the mixture.
- Keeping using this pattern until you feel that the cotton rounds have absorbed the mixture and seal up the mason jar until you are ready to use.
- Finally, if you still have extra of the witch hazel mixture but sure to put the lid back on the mason jar and save for later.
Let me know what you think in the comments below.
It’s that time of year where all the yucky stuff is floating in the air and immunity support is so important. I wanted to create a roller that was safe for both little ones and the whole family so i used a 3% dilution rate. (Check out the Robert Tisserand dilution chart here: http://tisserandinstitute.org/essential-oil-dilution-chart/) . I wanted to create this blend with oils that I already had in my collection and safe to use, so here is what I came up with:
- 2 drops Frankincense Cartieri essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 2 drops Lime essential oil
- 2 drops Copaiba Balsam essential oil
- 2 drops Tea Tree essential oil
- Fractionated Coconut Oil or other carrier oil
- 10ml roller bottle with stainless steel roller ball
Be sure to use a Roller ball bottle with a stainless steel roller ball since this recipe calls for lemon and lime. Citrus oils can disintegrate plastic and plastic can leach into the mixture.
- First, mix together the essential oils in your roller bottle.
- Next, fill up the rest of the roller bottle with the carrier oil of your choice
- Then, put the roller ball and lid back on
- Be sure to shake the bottle well before each use to emulsify the oils.
I have been using some type of oil blend on my face for a couple years now. Most recently I was using the Beauty Sleep Serum from an awesome Natural Beauty Company called Root Pretty. I decided that I would try to make my own recipe and see how different essential oils work with my face. I came up with a mixture with jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, Patchouli Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, Geranium Essential Oil and Frankincense Carteri essential oil.
Why these oils?
• Jojoba Oil is a noncomedogenic oil which means that it shouldn’t clog your pores and can work as a protectant and cleanser for your face instead of just sitting on top of it. Jojoba helps to moisturize and even helps to fight harmful bacteria growth that leads to breakouts. It can also soothe fine lines, wrinkles and might even slow down skin aging.
• Grapeseed oil is easily absorbed, gentle on the skin, and could even help reduce clogged pores. This oil is lighter than jojoba oil and has a large amount of Vitamin E. Grapeseed oil can reduce the appearance of age spots, wrinkles and stretch marks.
• Patchouli Essential Oil can sooth inflammation of the skin and promotes a smooth, glowing complexion. It can also help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, scars, and stretch marks.
• Bergamot Essential Oil can help to reduce the appearance of marks or scars on the skin and is commonly used to reduce the unsightly effects of acne. When using bergamot oil topically be sure to look for a bergapten free Bergamot. Bergapten is what makes citrus oils phototoxic, so I would recommend avoiding bergamot in this blend unless the oil is bergapten free.
• Geranium Essential Oil can treat acne, dermatitis, and skin diseases. It can also help with wrinkles and scars and also smells amazing.
• Frankincense Carteri can be used to rejuvenate the look of mature skin and scars. It can also provide moisture to dry skin and reduce inflammation.
DIY Facial Serum Ingredients:
Jojoba Oil ¼ ounce
Grapeseed Oil ¼ Ounce
Patchouli Essential Oil: 2 drops
Bergamot Essential Oil: 2 drops
Geranium Essential Oil: 4 drops
Frankincense Carteri: 4 drops
½ Ounce Glass Dropper Bottle
Place the Patchouli, Bergamot, Geranium, Frankincense Cartieri, grapeseed oil and jojoba oil into your glass bottle. Use on face in the morning and evening after cleansing your face.
I have been using this mixture for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. My face feels so smooth I don’t have many red patches on my face. I also love putting this on right before I put my make-up on in the morning, it really helps to keep my make-up on all day and keeps my face nice and smooth.